Friday, May 22, 2009

Telling It Like It Is

Today was my first day off in two weeks. I got some housework done then spent the afternoon with a friend. We chatted away in the beautiful sunshine. It was the perfect beginning to a much needed long holiday weekend. I thought I’d been handling my work schedule well, but evidently I’ve failed to conceal my exhaustion.

Me: (rubbing my eyes and struggling to remain upright on Natalie’s bed) "… come on girls, right now! Let’s get this mess cleaned up. It’s time for bed and we need to say prayers. I can’t remember the last time I was this tired."

Alyssa: (sincerely attempting to aid her mother’s failing memory) "Yesterday?"

Is it that obvious? I guess it is. If I think about it, Natalie does ask me on a daily basis if I’m “exhausted.” It’s a big word for a little girl. Wonder where she’s heard it? Sometimes she likes to substitute “exhausted” for “pooped” just to hear the other kids snicker.

Here’s to three sleep-in days in a row!

5 comments:

Jen Childers said...

Glad you had a day off! Enjoy sleeping in the next few days...you deserve it!

Lucy said...

Rest up! You are a hard worker, so I know you are giving your all to substituting then coming home and doing it all at home and at the gym and with your calling and with your kids and etc. etc. etc. Enjoy the break.

B.Bird said...

What a cute comment. You've got to love the honesty of children. Hope you have the most wonderfully relaxing weekend.

Jackie said...

I hope you had a nice relaxing weekend!

jenny said...

I am hoping by know you got some good nights of rest. Hang in there!