Thursday, May 7, 2009

Alive, NOT Kicking

No, definitely not kicking. I've got my legs propped up on the couch with a cozy throw blanket keeping my feet warm and the two extra strength Tylenol should be taking effect any minute now. I'm normally an anti-medicine kind of girl but I don't remember the last time my legs ached like this.

6:00 am--Run four miles

7:00 am--Quick shower

7:20 am--Get the kids up for school

7:30 am--Get the kids and myself ready

7:45 am--Make lunches

8:00 am--Run out the door after a quick family prayer

8:10 am--Quickly read sub plans

8:30 am--Welcome 32 fifth graders to school

8:40 am--Take students to library, make copies and try again to decipher sub plans.

9:25 am--Teach math--fractions, decimals and percentages

10:20 am--Teach science--learned and instinctive animal behavior

11:30 am--Lunch

12:25 pm--Teach writing

1:40 pm--Recess (breathe)

1:55 pm--Teach Social Studies--Civil Rights Movement

3:10 pm--Dismiss students and write a report for the teacher.

3:40 pm--Leave school and drive to the gym

3:55 pm--Make a super quick change of clothes

4:00 pm--Coach gymnastics

4:55 pm--First class ends, wash yucky hands. (I'm not normally a germaphobe but spotting little bodies which involves touching feet and sweating armpits just grosses me out!)

5:00 pm--Second gym class starts

6:00 pm--Break, wash hands again. Use some hand sanitizer. Eat a quick snack

6:15 pm--Back to work

7:00 pm--Finish second class. Wash hands, more hand sanitizer.

7:20 pm--Arrive home. Kids are there, Dad is away at church meetings. Neighbor keeping an eye on kids.

7:30 pm--Eat ravenously

8:00 pm--Get kids in bed

9:00 pm--Take two Tylenol and plop on the couch

I don't plan to move until my hubby gets home and helps me up to bed.

Tomorrow I'll take it easy and have lunch with my friends.

10 comments:

Granny said...

What a day.

I didn't run 4 miles, but I did walk 24 Kinders to Albertson's and back. (2.3 miles)

Get some rest and have a good lunch.

Jen Childers said...

Wow! What a busy day you had. You impress me that knowing you had all that work, you still got up at 6:00 a.m and ran 4 miles. I would have justified my day and got another hour of sleep. You've always been a super hard worker and your example will definitely be impressed in the minds of your children. Hope you have a more relaxing day today. Have a fun lunch!

Holly said...

What a day! You definitely need a day off; just reading about your long day makes me tired. Wish I could join you for lunch (it's the Mother's Day Tea today)... it seems like so long since we've chatted. Enjoy!

Lucy said...

That made me tired to read. I can't imagine substitute teaching. Just being in there an hour WITH the teacher wears me out. You're a star. Now, rest up!

Emily said...

You've always been SuperWoman- you are just taking it to a new level now! Hope you have a fun lunch with your friends today :)

Jackie said...

Wow, is all I can say. You are a very busy woman.

We missed you at lunch Friday!

Jenn said...

How often do you have days like this? Wow, it's no wonder your legs are tired. Treat yourself to a great pair of shoes! I've had lots of catching up to do on your blog. I haven't had much time for blogging at all lately. I'm totally surprised you heard about our move from your mom through MaryAnn... Rudy's mom, right? Interesting how the word gets around. I did blog a little bit about it. We did finally get our lease agreement with the house we want so we're all set for the next few years. I'm relieved. I'm not looking forward to starting our 3-ring circus all over again... getting all new teachers, doctors, therapists, etc..., for Aaron. We're going to fax off his IEP with our proof of residency this week. It's been really neat to see Caleb's talents and growth shine through on your blogs.

Camille said...

Yeowsers, too bad lunch the next day didn't go as planned. :) It's not everyday that you get a call like mine... I THINK I might be in labor?! THANKS again!!

Sara said...

Wow! That was quite a day. How often do you sub? Have you been teaching gymnastics for a while? I need to pick up the phone and call you so we can catch up.

jenny said...

That was quite a day. Hopefully by now you have a nice routine going. Hang in there!