Sunday, April 19, 2009

Senior Year

When I asked Caleb to pose for an annual egg hunt picture he said, "Yeah, get a picture of my senior year."

Senior year? I guess it is. The oldest group of hunters is 4th/5th graders, so it's the last year he'll be able to participate in the neighborhood egg hunt.

When I complimented him on his egg-finding skills he said, "Not bad for my senior year."

As much as I don't like the sound of it, we've had another "senior year" moment recently. This year's Pinewood Derby was officially our last.

Caleb wanted a car dedicated to two variety of Cougars. One half was painted red for WSU and the other blue for BYU. He also wanted it to be a Ford. In the end he named his car "Ford Cougars." Funny, funny boy.

Ford Cougars ended up doing quite well. It won 7 out of 8 heats and was good enough to win second place. Caleb was so proud.

First place went to his best friend, Mason, and I think Caleb was just as happy for him. The PWD was several weeks ago but Caleb reminded everyone at last night's pack meeting--where he earned his Webelos rank and religious knot--about their victories. It was a good senior year.


And evidently, when taking a senior photo, a "number-one" pose is required.

7 comments:

Erin said...

Great pictures! Looks like some fun "last" moments. Caleb is number 1!

Jen Childers said...

What a good lookin' scout! Congrats on the 2nd place win. Love the car!
We have about 6 more years of PWD so if you're ever feeling the need to be involved, just let me know:)

Lucy said...

Caleb is awesome. I can't believe is having his first "senior year." Just think how many #1's you're going to see in about seven more years when he really is a senior.

I love his enthusiasm and attitude.

Amy Jones said...

How cute is that #1 pose. I'm thinking he got that from his mother...right? :)

Senior year moments are a little tough, don't you think?

Chad said...

Way to go Caleb! We think you are the best senior ever!

Granny said...

It seems too soon to be saying goodbye to Cubs and Grade School. I'm glad he's going out with a bang!

Craythorn Family said...

I can't believe Caleb is 11. He does #1 pose like his cheerleader mom. Way to go on the PWD! That is something I have to look forward to, although not for 6 more years. My Logan will be 2 in June.