Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Caleb Briefing

Jon and I went to the school this afternoon for the kids' parent-teacher conferences. We passed the principal in the hall and he commented, with amusement, that he had heard about Caleb's "show." The confusion on my face prompted him to say, "You didn't hear about that?"
The fourth graders put on a Veteran's Day program which was performed at an assembly for the student body last Friday and again at an evening performance on Tuesday. The music teacher is really talented and put together a great program with a 40's radio show theme. Caleb dressed in a Dodgers baseball uniform to portray his role of Jackie Robinson.

Evidently, after the show on Friday, the kids went to the restroom to change from their costumes into their regular clothes. Caleb removed his baseball uniform, which included baseball pants and dressed in his every-day shirt. He then realized that his regular pants were accidently left in the classroom. What does any innocent, slightly socially-challenged, adorable little boy living in his own state of oblivion do? He walks to his classroom to get them!

It's still not clear just how many people witnessed the streaking of Caleb in his skivvies, but he seems certain it was just one of his teachers who experienced the sight of his boxer briefs.

I had to cover my gaping mouth as the principal recounted the situation. I was embarrased, sure, but you can't help but love a kid like Caleb who gives us lots of good laughs.

And by the way, he got a great report from all of his teachers!

11 comments:

Erin said...

Classic! I love it!

Erin said...

P.S. - Great job on the good report Caleb!

Jackie said...

Too funny-definatley a great memory!

Chad said...

That is too cute! A boy after my own heart!

Granny said...

Okay, that brought a chuckle. In fact I am still giggling. And yes, I can most definitely see Uncle Chad doing the same thing.

Way to go on the Conference reports. Good job Caleb!

Jared McInelly said...

I could have sworn that Caleb told me he doesn't wear underwear because it's too uncomfortable.
Either way it's a classic story. Can I use it?

Camille said...

It's late and I'm tired, but that story made me laugh out loud. Hilarious!

jenny said...

That's actually super funny. And just think it will surely come back to haunt him someday, because mom blogged about it:)

Emily said...

Quite sure Brendan would have done the same! Very funny.

Heather said...

Looks like you guys have been busy the last few weeks! What fun for Caleb to get a touch down and it looks like Alyssa had a great b-day!

Bridget said...

So sweet!