Sunday, December 18, 2016

Younger Girlfriend Christmas Party

When your girls grow up hearing about and witnessing from afar their moms' Christmas party tradition, it makes them want to host a party, too. Linsey and Alyssa hosted a smaller, rather calm party at the McInellys while Natalie and Emma planned for friends at my house.  The whole hours-long celebration was fun for them, but wasn't the greatest time for me. It was a really rambunctious group that had me following them from room to room all night, cleaning up their messes while looking at my watch and wondering how much time was left.

In the end, though, I was glad to see Natalie have a good time.


Maddy, Skyy, Zoe, Ava, Natalie and Sydney


Sophie, Emma, Camryn, Erin, Brooke and Maddie

The photo booth challenge game was done yet again:












The girls played a variety of other games and had a gift exchange. They didn't follow the usual three-steals rule, though.  They ended up just trading gifts back and forth all night long.



I'm not totally sure that I can get behind the idea of making this a yearly tradition for the girls, but hopefully they made some fun memories and learned a bit about what goes into hosting a party.

No comments: