Thursday, October 31, 2013

Happy Halloween!

This was the year that our oldest retired from trick-or-treating.  I think it's a little sad, but he was ready and it was time.

The girls were as excited as ever to get all dressed up and head out with their friends.

We had a zebra and a pink crayon.  Pretty cute, huh?







I'm not sure Natty would know how to trick-or-treat without Emma by her side.


Their friend Eliza joined them, too.  Isn't her Junie B. Jones costume the greatest?



I like Halloween just fine and I certainly enjoy all the treats, but we don't get too into it.  Heck, we didn't even carve our pumpkin this year.  I'm amazed at the people who go all out.  One of our neighbors starts decorating his house a month in advance.  He builds the scene all month long and it's fun to watch it evolve and try to guess what the finished product will be.  

His E.T. theme drew all sorts of attention.  My picture doesn't do it justice, but a motor attached to the bike actually makes the boy's legs pedal!  His scene inspired an E.T. movie night at our house.  The kids loved it.


I manned my usual candy-passing post.  My favorite moment of the night was when two of my kindergarteners came to the door.  One of them pointed and shouted, "I know you!"  It reminded me of that scene in Elf when some mentions Santa and Buddy says, "Santa! I know him!"

I've already had more than my share of chocolate and the girls aren't even back with their haul yet.  Great memories, great fun.

Happy Halloween!

6 comments:

Granny said...

Love it ! The girls look so cute. Great makeup.

Camille said...

Your girls were adorable. Lots of fun Halloween memories over the years.

Sarah said...

The girls are adorable! Glad it was a fun night.

Jen Childers said...

The girls look so cute! Love the ET scene :)

Stephanie said...

You do face paint well! Love the costumes. Lydia's second choice of costume was a crayon too. Miss not having your kids trick or treat my house this year. We only got about 10% of the trick or treaters that we usually do, our cul de sac was busy but no one wanted to walk up our long stairs. We had fun going around with the younger kids though.

Emily said...

Very cute costumes! Brendan decided not to go out this year either- he passed out candy for awhile. Can't wait to see you guys!