Monday, May 14, 2012

My Mother's Day


Mother's Day really started on Friday when I went to have tea with Natty.  Except there was no tea.  But there was punch and treats, handmade gifts and the sweetest tissue paper flowers.



We had such a great time but darn that adorable slide show that makes me cry!  I think I'd be fine if they didn't set those cute pictures to the song, "Let Them Be Little."


 The musical portion of our mother's tea was really fantastic.  I'm amazed at all the complicated lyrics, choreography and creativity involved.


Here's a quick peek though the clips don't do it justice.  You had to be there.




On Saturday Jon came home with these beauties:


And Sunday brought a few more gifts--some new sheets, a novel and some yummy smelling candles were packaged under this paper towel:


That's right, my husband's the type that doesn't know that tissue paper is the appropriate wrapping material here.  Well, he might know, but he'd have to go looking for it and asking me to help point him in the right direction would ruin the surprise, so paper towels will do.

I love him.  Really, really love him.

I also got a new hanging basket.  I actually picked it out myself but we'll just call it a Mother's day gift.

We tried to get before-church pictures by the new basket but those just never go as planned.  Caleb's making a weird, this-plant-is-touching-my-head expression and Alyssa is trying to get a sick Natalie to smile.  Plus I'm crouching down so far that the whole thing just looks weird.

But in my memory will be three beautiful children on a gloriously beautiful day and I couldn't be happier to be their mother.



Happy Mother's Day!


4 comments:

Jen Childers said...

Looks like a great weekend! Love the singing...there's some intense voices in that crowd! At least Jon knew to put something over the gifts in the bag :)

Camille said...

I'm glad you had a nice Mother's Day. You're one of the greatest mom's I know, your kids are very lucky! I'm glad you posted clips of the Mother's Day program. I'm still so sad to have missed it.

Granny said...

Love the pictures and so glad you had such a great Mother's Day Weeklend. You're a great mom and totally deserve all the best. ( I especially love the first picture. So cute.)

Lucy said...

I am loving your day hair!! The paper towels are killing me. It’s so, so sweet and so...Jon! I’m glad you had a good day. Your children are so beautiful.