Monday, April 9, 2012

The Golden Egg

I have oft complained about my bad luck.  It appears that perhaps my children have not inherited it.  At least when it comes to the neighborhood Easter egg hunt.

Remember this?  It was 2010 when Alyssa found the golden egg.


Fast forward exactly two years and look who was the lucky one this time!



I love this photo of Alyssa hunting.  They hide the eggs pretty well for the 4th and 5th graders.


She didn't find the golden egg but she did get quite the basketful of candy.  Is it terrible that I'm glad she can't eat the Twix?  They're my favorite.


Caleb's flashlight teen hunt was done the night before.  He came home with lots of sodas and full-size candy bars.

We had a quiet Sunday with the traditional ham dinner and lots and lots of candy.  It was perfect.

My kids looked adorable for church but I don't have pictures to prove it.  You'll just have to take my word for it that they are so much cuter than this:


Happy Easter!

6 comments:

Camille said...

I think that picture is great!! Ours turned out about the same. I can vouch for you that they did look absolutely adorable for church, but they always do. Cute dresses!

Granny said...

They got their lucky charm from Grandma. Looking pretty darn cute. as per usual.

SuburbiaMom said...

Lucky! That Easter picture is cute--especially with Natalie winking.

Melissa said...

I think they look pretty adorable in that picture! I've always wondered what was in the "golden egg." How exciting for Natalie.

Jen Childers said...

You guys have the best egg hunt ever! My kids had a blast doing it last year with you. Congrats to Natalie for finding the golden egg this year! Looks like a beautiful Easter for the Hatches :)

Lucy said...

I am equally unlucky. I need your girls around.

what a fun neighborhood activity. I LOVE the idea of one in the dark for teens. I should have thought of that for a mutual activity. Next year (although the thought of still being YW pres in a year makes me cry). Your kids are gorgeous!