Sunday, January 15, 2012

Happy New Year

I had two resolutions for the new year: begin an immediate sugar detox and write more.  I'm one for two.  I haven't missed the sugar as much I'd thought I would but as for the writing, well, that's why I'm making this very effort, even if it is two weeks late.

We had a great New Year's celebration.  It's tradition to celebrate with our friends, the Evans, but this year we did something a little different.

We started with dinner at The Old Spaghetti Factory.  They have great gluten-free options and since Caleb can't seem to consume enough spaghetti noodles these days, we decided it would be the perfect dinner spot.

The girls posed with their American Girl dolls.


The boys have poses of their own but I can't make any sense of it.  Is that a boy thing?  I don't know.


We went to the movies next and saw "We Bought a Zoo."  I really did like it, but I don't think I'd classify it as a kid movie, which is what we thought we were going to see.

The night ended in Seattle, at our friend's office building.  There was a game room for the kids and a balcony with a perfect view of the Space Needle fireworks.  We always watch the fireworks on TV but seeing them live was SO much more fun!









All the boats on Lake Union looked so pretty and it was fun to hear them blaring their horns to welcome the new year.


We stayed until 1:00 a.m. but I'm sure the kids could've partied longer.  It was fortunate for us that our Sunday meetings didn't start until 1:00 p.m. so we could recover from all that late-night fun.

Welcome, 2012!

No comments: