Friday, September 9, 2011

End of Summer Stats

We've said good-bye to another summer and hello to a new school year.  We're three days in and while all has gone smoothly so far, summer was good to us so we miss it.  Here are just a few stats:

1--the number of times we did a paper route.  We were covering for some friends while they were on vacation.  The kids thought it was great fun.  It was a flood of memories for me.

Caleb took himself out to lunch with his earnings.  Alyssa saved hers.  That's pretty typical.



2--number of wedding receptions we attended.

3--number of roller coasters we rode. Some we really big, one was not.  They were all fun! (we did lots of other rides, too.)







4--weeks we spent apart from Caleb.  He spent one week at scout camp, one week with cousins, one week at Grandma's house and then there was the week Jon and I were NYC.  That's a whole month of the summer that he didn't have to listen to his parents!

5--Caleb's height measurement in feet. (plus one inch)  I'm pretty sure this will be the last year that he is shorter than me.  Sad.  He'll start high school next year.  Really sad.


6--birthday parties attended.

7--approximate number of minutes I spent wiping away my tears after my baby walked into her first grade classroom.  The emotion caught me by suprise but I was just so sad to see her go.


8--days spent in swimming lessons.  I just never got tired of seeing those little goggle-eyes.  Natalie became much more comfortable in the water but still doesn't know how to swim, darn it.



9--number of candles Jon blew out.  The other thirty were imaginary.  It was a good birthday.



41--beach towels used.  Yes, I did do some counting but this number might not be exact. :)





 112--hours Alyssa spent in the gym.  She's learning some fun tricks but now she'll have to juggle those same demanding hours with fifth grade homework, too! 


Good bye, summer.  I'm sad to see you go.

5 comments:

Erin said...

How fun! Where are those roller coasters and water slides? Summer is definitely fun but I'm also one of those mothers that looks forward to school starting.

Granny said...

Me too...I'm sad to see Summer go. Especially since we had to wait until August to actually get Summer weather. You guys packed a lot of fun into that time away from school.

Granny said...

ps...I love the new blog layout.

Jen Childers said...

Super fun post! Love all the pics and I'm glad we got to see you a few times this summer!

Michelle said...

Love the new layout :) I'm sad to see the summer go too! Tomorrow is a big day... we'll see if I spend approximately 7 minutes wiping away tears too!