Monday, March 30, 2009

Four--Whether I like It Or Not

Natalie turned four against my will.

As she's been counting down the days to her birthday, I've been begging her to stay three. I've tried to set aside more time for cuddles, just to soak them in while I can. She promises to still cuddle with me even though she's getting bigger. I'm counting on it.

Natalie decided on a puzzle theme for this year's birthday party. I love the thrill kids get from parties and I have so much fun doing them. This celebration turned out great, even on a shoestring budget. (I spent a total of $8.00!)

The invites were puzzles, of course.

Here's the table all set for her friends. Each guest got a personalized cup (remember when you were a kid and you loved any and all things personalized?) and a mini puzzle to take home.

We played a muscial chairs-type game with puzzle pieces. And then went on a scavenger hunt using photos that were cut into puzzles.


Then it was on to lunch...


...and the requested puzzle cake.

The presents are always a hit. She got lots of really great stuff.

Here she is all dressed-up in a new outfit from Chloe.

This Polly Pocket car from Grandma Seely probably wins as her favorite gift, although the four dollars from Grandma Hatch got some pretty excited "oohs."

I'm not ready for my baby to be four. She's just so huggable and fun and has the most delicious "kissy" cheeks. Though she nows holds up one more finger to show her age, I'm sure her delightful personality will only get better with age.

Happy Birthday, Natalie! We love you!

8 comments:

Sarah said...

Happy Birthday Natalie! You are cute as a bug... can't believe how fast they all keep growing up. The party looks great Tara, you should write a party planning book with all your good ideas!

Erin said...

She is changing by the day! Such a cutie.

Happy Birthday Natty!

Jen Childers said...

Happy Birthday Natalie! What a fun party. You should seriously consider a career in party planning...it all looks amazing! Don't you wish they could stay young. I keep trying to get my kids to agree to stay young, but as hard as I try, they keep growing big!

Granny said...

Great party! Happy Birthday Natty.

Fantastic job Mommy.

Ben and Carrie said...

What a cute little party. You always have such cute ideas. If the teaching job doesn't work out, you should consider becoming a party planner!

Natalie looks very cute in her dress up outfit. Chloe was so excited about giving a gift and just GOING to the party. She could barely contain herself for days before. She would scream "I am SO EXCITED for Natalie's party, Mom! SO EXCITED!" It looks like as much fun as she was anticipating. Happy Birthday Natalie!

Amy Jones said...

You are totally the most fun mom I've ever known. Your ideas and follow through are AMAZING! What a great party. Sorry your little one hit the big 4. We're getting old.

Camille said...

This is just darling... as always. We sure love Natalie, I'm glad she had a great birthday!

(Alyssa looked great before and that second video clip is AMAZING!)

Stephanie said...

Great job on the party, it was fun and very cute. Lydia and Jacob had fun and I am glad Natalie did too (and she was well enough to enjoy her day).