Saturday, December 15, 2012

12 Days of Christmas Traditions--Christmas Cards

*I have decided to document 12 of my favorite Christmas traditions in the 12 days leading up to Christmas.

The usual pile of mail is suddenly so much fun to look through once December comes.  I love getting Christmas cards.  I look forward to hearing from old friends and family.  


Our family Christmas cards from 2005-2012.

If you ask me, the perfect Christmas card will have a picture and some sort of letter.  I'm always a bit disappointed when one of those elements is missing, though I'll take them any which way they come. 

And here's my deal with Christmas cards: I only send them to people who send them to me.  (Unless you're family, then you're going to hear from me no matter what.)  I realize that not everyone can send correspondence every year, but if two years go by without me hearing from you, then your name gets removed from my list.  Is that harsh?


If you send me a card, I'll keep it in this box until Christmas is over.  Then, if a picture is included, I'll crop it and put it on a bulletin board in my den and periodically look at your picture throughout the year.  

Hooray for Christmas cards!

3 comments:

SuburbiaMom said...

Yes, I feel the same way about Christmas cards! Just wish people had the desire to keep in touch as much as I do sometimes....

Erin said...

You must be disappointed with my cards! People here in the East just don't do the "letter". And after a few years of working much harder then I should to try and find something to write about, I've adopted their ways for simplicity's sake!

I'm loving the 12 Days of Christmas!

Jen Childers said...

I love getting cards too. I have been bad and haven't sent one out the past few years, but I was actually inspired when I saw your card in the mail last week. I actually got on the computer, went to Costo.com photo site and found a card that I could plug a few pics in from our year. I usually do some sort of letter too, but this year it's just the photo card. Now if I could just get the envelopes addressed, stuffed and actually mailed....Hopefully you'll get ours soon :)