Friday, April 27, 2007

Caleb the "WaMulian"

WaMulian is someone who works for WaMu (Washington Mutual Bank - shortened to WaMu - even the bank now officially calls themselves WaMu.)

Thursday was the National Take Your Child to Work Day. Caleb came to work a few years back but each year since they have upped the allowed age to bring your child to work with you. Finally this year kids 8 and above were allowed, so I quickly signed Caleb up. Here are the highlights of our day.

All ready to go!

"Dad, you said the train would be here at 7:35... it is 7:38... where is the train?"

Ahh... so this is where Dad spends all his time...


This year is the 100th birthday of Seattle's Pike Place Market. There will be a "Pigs Parade" in Seattle later this summer... as part of the celebration WaMu commissioned the creation of the "Golden Pig" (it is the year of the golden pig in China - which only occurs every 60 years).

Up on the 17th floor there is an outdoor patio which overlooks Elliott Bay. It was a bit chilly out, but Caleb wanted to go take a look.

Running around out on the patio.

"Dad, do you know where we are going?"

"Ahh... lunch... pizza my favorite"

We walked by the Pike Place market.

WaMu Center

Caleb said he had a great day and couldn't wait till next year to go to work with Dad!

13 comments:

Erin said...

We had Take Your Child To Work Day yesterday too. Everytime I saw the children I was hoping that Caleb was able to spent a day at WaMu. Looks like the day was fun!

Jen Childers said...

Looks like Caleb had a fun day..Was he there the whole day? That's so fun. Loved the pics!

Anonymous said...

I'll bet Alyssa can't wait. It's always fun to see pictures. Thanks for posting.

Granny said...

What a great day for Caleb! I'm so glad he was able to go.

I'm anxious to see the new building...looks beautiful.

jenny said...

Hmmm the question is do you have a window view like the office you had in East Bay?

What a fun outing for Caleb and dad. So many fun photos!

That pig is very cool!

Jenn said...

Those pictures really make me miss Seattle! Glad Caleb had a great time with his dad downtown! What a way to spend the day!

Emily said...

What a fun day!

DarkWing said...

My parents are teachers. Not to exciting to just sit in a different classroom for a day :p

Had to be sweet to hang out dowtown all day! (mmmm pizza!)

Lucy said...

Adorable pictures of mini wamulian. I think the idea of taking your child to work is awesome. I wish the hospital here would get behind it but I don't see it happening any time soon.

Fun day!

donna said...

How fun! What a great day for Caleb.

Jen told me that I need to talk to you about your son. I am getting my son Jakob tested in Seattle in a few weeks.

Tara said...

Donna,
I'd be happy to share any info. that may help you. What his your son being tested for and where is he being seen?

Anonymous said...

I read your beautifully written entry on Caleb's medical issues today and just sat and wept! You are a dear, wonderful niece and we love you and Jon and your precious children-they are so lucky to have you both. Please read our comment on your sharing of your heart with everyone. It is in the archives for March.
Hugs to all, Shauna

Jackie said...

Looks like Caleb had a great time. What more could a boy want, then to go to work with dad. Austin went with Brian as well and had a great time.